Thursday, February 16, 2006

Post V-Day Thoughts

This past V-day was the only time I didn't get the roses, though R showed me the prove that the 1-800flowers did screw him up and they tried to deliever it again on 15th (of course I asked him to cancel it, so embarrassing.). That makes me wonder wether or not it's a bad sign, after 7-8 years consecutively almost error-free, why this time? (don't kill me, hon)... I have to admit that the Proflowers did screw him once few years ago, they sent it on 13th, people in office were teasing me on - oh, is that for the v-day eve? But having flowers are surely better than having nothing, really?

Do I really care about the flowers or just the fact the flowers represent his love and care which I care more about? If that's the case, why I need the flowers to prove it? And if that's the case for him, why he needs to keep sending it every year to prove it?

I asked Calvin the other day that what he would get for his wife for v-day. He said "Nothing" right the way, his theory was it's really a marketing strategy for businesses so they come out such holidays, why we fool ourselves to buy stuff just for the sake of it. Oh yeah, I really hope your wife thinks the same way, and if that's true (and I believe it), what a lucky man he IS!

3 comments:

Boxster said...

I guess it's perfectly ok to break the V-day routine once a while, after a relationship has been mature and robust enough to claim "rose free".
This year we broke some routine, too. For 7 or 8 years I've been ordering roses on both V-day and Halloween for Grace from proflowers.com. It's been a trouble free and pleasant experience. (hey you, now I did what I can to promote your business, paypal me the advertisement fee!). But this year their price sounds a little bit steep to me, or it's just I feel bored about online order roses routine. I didn't order it this year. Instead I went to the nearby Safeway at 12:01 AM of V-day to buy a dozen(actually I got 14 of them, nice deal!) of roses for $19.99 ($21.99 w/o Safeway club card). Pretty romantic and revolutionary I suppose? Guess what, after I got in the store, I found there were plenty of people had the same thought: at least a dozen of guys were shopping roses and V-day card at that moment.
Rationale of this story: it's always good to have a 24hour store nearby your home, not only on V-day.

rebecca said...

hmm, didn't the 7 or 8 years ring a bell to you? it did to me... :D now I know that "Seven Years Itch" isn't just a movie title...

Unknown said...

I haven't gotten enough flowers. I want flowers, loads of them, on any day not just V-day. On V-day, I want something more than flowers, something Italian, French, or something simply sparkles (not the bubble).

:-)